Saturday, November 5, 2011

Halloween and the rest of October

Doesn't that look delicious? Well it was. It was for Trever's birthday. I got the recipe from my friend's blog at http://www.creatingpostitnotes.blogspot.com/. It is called Death by Chocolate. I really must love the man because it takes a few days to make, but was fun and delicious. He deserved it too.
Isn't this cute? Daddy daughter sunrise on the beach. We had a mini vacation and stayed in a cabin on the beach for one night. Even though we forgot M's blankey she slept good, just needed a little extra to go to sleep. That would be me laying next to her until she fell asleep, but so cute.

OMG You're How Old? I'm not sure if I should be mad that this was the ballon Trever got me for my birthday, but it is funny. Of course he is older than me ............ by 2 weeks.

Finally there was Halloween. M was so excited and practiced saying Trick-or-Treat the week prior. It was cute the first couple days. As you can see M was loving being out in her costume. She even would make motorcycle sounds for people. She was very good at saying thank you also and had no problem going up to doors by herself. We did have to explain to her you ring the door bell and wait when she opened a few doors on her own. Thankfully they were our neighbors and they all thought it was funny. M was done after an hour so we went home and she picked out a lollipop then helped me hand out candy for another hour. Trever was not able to enjoy the evening with us. He flew home to be with his family because his grandmother had passed away. Of course we have all our amazing memories of her and they make us smile.

Finally, we are in November, but October's lessons stick with us. Today while in line at the commissary M pulled a bag out of the diaper bag. She held it up, grinned and said "twick-o-tweat". How could I not play along, so we trick-or-treated while waiting in line using whatever I had in the diaper bag. Now on to November and Thanksgiving! Bring on the food ideas for Thanksgiving dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment